Some of you might be thinking, "I'm not going to venture downtown, during the work week," but you smart and savvy mom's and dad's know that traveling during the work week yields less crowds on certain days (Tuesday & Wednesdays).
Here are a few tips:
- be mindful of rush hour ~ 6:30 - 9am & 4 - 6pm
- travel at off-peak times
- know the Metra, CTA bus/train schedules
- download the Redeye app for updates on buses/trains/taxis
- make sure your child has a seat on public transportation (politely ask for a seat for your child it's occupied and no one offers)
- have a safety talk with the wee-bits (6 & under)
- use travel strollers (fold them up while on Metra & CTA)
- cross body bag is a MUST! or book bag for dad
- small umbrella
- flip flops (make sure toddlers has a back strap)
- baby wipes
My summer pet-peeve ~ the backpack leash/baby harness ~ and utilize an umbrella stroller for tots or employ the old-fashioned 'hold mommy's hand' please. To avoid, yanking the toddler, getting tangled, and/or tripping an innocent bystander. In my personal opinion using a harness doesn't teach children to listen or behave in public.
Have Fun and Eat a turkey leg for me!