CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 18, 2011

Ma'ma, M.D.

What a rough weekend. My baby came home from daycare on Friday with 'the crusty eye'. Our first thought was that he just had some left over eye boogies from his car ride nap. But as the evening wore on and his eyes got puffy, our second thought was that he had an allergic reaction to the oranges he had for snack at lunch. We did our usual bedtime routine and when Yus woke up at quarter six Saturday morning we realized it was not 'the crusty eye' and definitely NOT an allergic reaction. My baby had pink eye, OMG my life is over! Of course my drama ensued and we took him to Immediate Care and were first in line. Yes, I raced a woman in to the hospital to make sure my lil' man was first. She was just there to get blood work so, my race to the finish was null-en-void. But anyway, the nice doctor confirmed, Yus had conjunctivitis, (redness and swelling of the mucous membrane that lines the eyelid) and prescribed anti-biotic eye drops. 

Now, that he's doing much better. I have to wonder how I can keep him from the inevitable. I know it's nearly impossible to keep him from the common cold, a soar throat, tummy ache, and all the other ailments. But a mother has to wonder, if I keep him in a bubble would he really be safer? I know the answer is no, but I can't help but think the bubble is a good idea. 

Here are some common symptoms courtesy of WebMD
  • eye redness
  • swollen, red eyelids
  • tearing
  • itching or burning feeling
  • sensitivity to light 
  • eye drainage
swollen eyes
nkoyo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...