CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 22, 2012

WordFUL Wednesday: Muhammad Ali

I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me.
Muhammad Ali ~ statement after losing his first fight in 1973

My political career, as I like to call it, started with turning a Muhammad Ali quote into my campaign slogan. Thanks to my dad, my first race in 1996 for Class Secretary was "Float like a butterfly, Sting like a Bee, Vote Coco White for Secretary." I used that slogan all the way through High School, undefeated. Student Council instilled leadership and gave me opportunities, advantages and experiences, that I will cherish forever and will pass on to my child.

nkoyo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...