CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 2, 2011

Diaper Rash - Really?

Oh Lawd! How could this happen. Yes, my boy has his first diaper rash EVER. It snuck up on me, like a cat in the night. I can't believe I let this happen. Clearly, the diaper was on to long - and my sense of smell was taken from me the other night due to a stuffy nose. But that is NO EXCUSE, a mommy should know :-/.

After I beat myself up about it. Instead of using wipes I used a luke warm wash cloth to clean the area, and proceeded to start our night time ritual. Bath time was the worst, since I had to use soap and the rash was fresh. I carefully dried him off and used so much Vaseline it was insane. I must of gave Yus a million kisses and hugs and told him, "I was so sorry". I even woke up in the middle of the night to change his diaper and re-apply Vaseline. The next morning - the diaper rash was almost defeated, the area was size-ably smaller. Thank you Mr. Vaseline and all your healing properties.

How we prevented the rash for so long:
- frequent changes
- always using vaseline as a barrier
- once in daycare - we instructed his teacher to use vaseline as well and kept a jar at school
- for more info click here

Oh, this is the worst feeling for me and I'm pretty sure for Yus too. Ah! I can't believe this.

nkoyo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...