CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 5, 2011

Daycare Fundraisers

I received my first school fundraiser on Friday. I was wanted to be really excited for it until I read the fundraising information . It read as follows: 

AFFY TAPPLE APPLES 
Remember everyone needs to sell 4 cases -- $30/case
Order forms received: 9/30 Friday 
Order forms turned in: 10/4 Tuesday 
Apple pick-up: 10/7 Friday 
Money due: 10/14 Friday 

Now, I know I'm new to school fundraisers but that seems like a REALLY fast turn around. My first thought was that since J picks up Yus he had forgotten to give me the note. But it says FRIDAY, so clearly I received the form in a timely fashion. 
My second thought, was maybe they sent out a fundraiser pre-note with all the info and I just missed it. No, that can't be. I would have definitely remembered that. My final thought - How in the WORLD am I going to sell 4 cases. A case includes 24 apples, I googled it. Clearly, I'm not buying 4 cases and I don't expect anyone in our family to buy a case either (although my FiL is buying a case). What do I do with all those apples anyway? In good conscience I can only eat one and then I start thinking about cavities.

Oh! Lawd, I don't want to be one of those parents that doesn't ever participate in fundraisers but man, I don't even feel like I've been given adequate sale strategy and implementation time. 

Really, in my head fundraising goes like this: 

AFFY TAPPLE APPLES 
Remember everyone needs to sell 4 cases -- $30/case
Order forms received: 9/30 Friday 
Order forms turned in: 10/21 Friday 
Apple pick-up: 10/28 Friday 
Money due: 11/4 Friday

I get at least a month to plan, sell and prep family and friends. I remember fundraisers at school and having WAY more time than a week to turn in the order form. Am I wrong? 
Photo credit: http://www.fundraisingcandy.com 

nkoyo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...